Join Kevin Morgans on a one day photography workshop to one of the most beautiful locations in the UK, Skomer Island and experience the magic for yourself. Throughout the day we will explore the island photographing the best it has offer. However one of the main reasons people visit Skomer is to see the comical Atlantic puffins and this is one of the most accessible puffin colonies in the UK, giving you the chance to get up close with one of our most loved seabirds.
As we will be working on an island the weather can be very changeable. Sturdy walking boots are recommended, although the paths are well maintained, at times there are few elevation changes on uneven ground. If it is a sunny day please be prepared and bring sun-cream. Whilst the island does have public toilets there are no refreshments on the island., meaning you will have to bring your own packed lunch and drinks. Skomer is a photographers dream, there really is no recommended kit. Please be aware whatever you bring over you will have too carry with you all day, only bring what you feel comfortable you can carry.
The workshop is aimed at all levels of wildlife photographer, ranging from beginners to the advanced looking to expand their puffin portfolio. Throughout the day Kevin will be on hand to walk you through the best camera settings and techniques in any given situation. This will cover everything from auto focus to shutter speeds and aperture.
Starting Summer 2018
- Skomer Island, South Pembrokeshire, South Wales
- This workshop is suited for anyone with a reasonable level of fitness. The most difficult part is the steep set of steps upon leaving the boat. Around the island the paths are well maintained, at times there are few elevation changes on uneven ground.
- Skomer is a photographers dream, there really is no recommended kit, from your longest lens to your widest lens, there will be opportunities for it all
- This workshop is designed for a single person, who can then get as much 1-1 tuition as needed. The group can be extended to a maximum of 3 if a group of friends would like to book together.
- Professional tuition & guidance throughout the day
- Return ferry & landing fees to the island
- Food and Drink.
- Transport to and from the venue.
- Personal and Accident Insurance.